Disturbingly the part of work that I am enjoying the most is creating our posters and brochures for World AIDS Day and playing around with new software, finally my pretensions of being a graphic designer are all coming true! Not to mention all the exciting formulas I have introduced into one of the Nutrition program databases. Finding all this a little worrying I wondered if I’d been displaying any other geek-like behaviour on my travels...
- You are completely stumped when an airline issues you an ‘actual’ ticket, surely they did away with those things years ago?
- The first thing you ask someone when exchanging contact details is “are you on Facebook”
- Not content with just an email address you pass your website and blog address to people you meet
- The first thing you do when entering a new country on your travels is update your Places I’ve Been application on facebook
- You are completely bewildered when friends at home email to ask what you’ve been up to, surely they’ve been diligently reading your blog every day?
- The first thing you do when sitting down in an internet cafe is check for a Skype headset and USB ports
- You are carrying more blank DVDs, USB drives and memory cards than pairs of underwear
- You major form of communication with your Dad is reading each other’s blogs
- You are biased towards booking hostels and guesthouses that are hostelworld.com so you don’t actually have to talk to anyone in person
- You wonder if maybe you could have backpacked with your laptop after all….
Honestly it’s a wonder that I ever get laid at all…